Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Life List

I'm definitely someone who always has my 'head in the clouds'. It's a good thing in my opinion because I'm always trying to better myself & work toward the things I want, whether material or emotional 'things'. I'm always thinking of what I want one day, how I can get there, I have an on-going list I add to basically on a daily basis. I asked a few people, and somehow no one I know has a life list!! Ya know.. the list of stuff you wanna do before you die; better known as a 'bucket list'.

I have a Google docs list titled "Someday I will...." of about 300 things. Some of them are dumb and ridiculous (#90-Have a couples caricature done... #97-Go to Punkin Chunkin!) but who cares- it's my life & my list! I just kinda think of things and say 'hey- let me add that to the list!' I try & live my life in a way that I can look back and be glad I did what I did, and also I do lots of things just for the story it will be to tell. One of my biggest fears is regretting NOT doing something. I fear a boring, mundane life. Not that I don't want a 'routine'- because anyone who knows me knows I'm a planner in a bad way (working on not being so OCD about that in 2011!) But.. I mean I don't want to miss fun opportunities & look back and be like 'oh.. I'm 45 & have nothing fun to talk about & regret everything I didn't do'.

The point of this is- am I totally crazy for having a list?! I'm not saying these are set in stone, but it's certainly nice to cross something off & keep a list & look back at all the cool things I've done.

Tata for now!
P.S- Today was Day 1 of working toward #3- Reaching my goal weight & keeping it off (for ONCE!) 2011 is gonna be my year, and I plan on crossing off LOTS of my Life List goals! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment